Friday, February 15, 2008

Zac Talks to Souki About Forums

While I am talking about forums here, it's really just me getting down to why I made this blog instead of joining a forum.

February 7, 2008

CatchFiveBats: If I could meet people IRL who were into H!P, I'd probably hang out with them. But discussing it online is a definite no-go for me, except in blogs.
CatchFiveBats: Forums are like taking a bunch of people that all like different things within a similar context and throwing them in a room to argue with each other.
CatchFiveBats: In that situation, I always end up walking away from the community, and usually the thing that community is centered around as well.
CatchFiveBats: Which is why, if I get involved in the H!P community, I'll make a blog.
CatchFiveBats: Cause a blog lets you state your opinion with a sense of finality, instead of having to deal with people bitching at you about how their favorite part of that thing is better or whatever.
CatchFiveBats: I mean, there are comments, but it's not as involved as forums, or even close.
CantSpellShotaWithoutHOT: : So you just don't wanna hear people talking to you about it.
CatchFiveBats: I don't want to argue with people about it.
CatchFiveBats: I like hearing others' opinions, and stating my own, but I don't want a clash between those opinions to occur.
CatchFiveBats: I can keep an 'outside' perspective while reading an opposing view in a blog.
CatchFiveBats: Discussing it on a forum, I get aggravated and confused and that never ends well.
CatchFiveBats: The Shiina Ringo community I was involved with being the ultimate example of this.
CatchFiveBats: WIth a blog, whatever you post is the last word.
CatchFiveBats: There's none of that back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, each person deadset in their opinion, determined to turn the other party to their side.
CatchFiveBats: Which, in most internet arguments, neither side will ever win.
CatchFiveBats: Blogs let people express their opinion without feeling the need to win against someone else's opinion.
CantSpellShotaWithoutHOT: : Aaaah
CatchFiveBats: Took me a while to get around to that...
CatchFiveBats: XD
CantSpellShotaWithoutHOT: : Hahahah
CatchFiveBats: Fangirls/boys can be as biased as they want and nobody gets hurt.
CatchFiveBats: XD
CantSpellShotaWithoutHOT: : Hahahah
CatchFiveBats: I mean, that's really what it's about.
CatchFiveBats: And that's why the video game console wars are so heated.
CatchFiveBats: People treat the console wars like a forum debate.
CatchFiveBats: It's just a big flame-war.
CatchFiveBats: No side will ever win.
CatchFiveBats: It's just everybody arguing with everybody over nothing.
CatchFiveBats: And it's stupid.
CatchFiveBats: And that's the primary reason that I stay away from forums.
CantSpellShotaWithoutHOT: : Mmmmmm
CatchFiveBats: Except to share files and such.

- cfb

No comments: