Friday, February 15, 2008

Cal and I Discuss A Comment I Made on Hello!°C-ute's Blog

Okey-doke, new person. Cal is the closest I've got to a friend who likes H!P (and he still only tolerates it XD). We've been very close for a long time, and I talk about H!P with him about as much as I talk to Souki (in fact, Cal and Souki are most likely the only people you'll see more than once on this blog). For those wondering about his H!P tastes: he likes Risako, Takitty, Yossui, and Marippe for members, and The Peace!, Iroppoi Jirettai, Mr. Moonlight, Yeah! Meccha Holiday, and Special Generation for songs (there are others, but those are the ones I can remember right now). Anyway, on to the convo!

January 10th, 2008
CatchFiveBats: Did you read my comment?
pootyfrebbles: Yeah
CatchFiveBats: What did you think?
pootyfrebbles: I think the radio Disney thing is funny.
CatchFiveBats: Well, I've heard a lot of people say that.
CatchFiveBats: I don't like it...but that's how it goes.
pootyfrebbles: Yeah, I pretty much agree. The music is different styles, but the audiences are pretty much the same, at the core.
CatchFiveBats: If H!P was brought over here, that would be where it would shine.
pootyfrebbles: Yeah
pootyfrebbles: With little kids
CatchFiveBats: Yup.
pootyfrebbles: But honestly, I think that the way the Japanese think and the way that they expect to be entertained are way too different from the way Americans do for H!P to be successful over here outside of maybe a few isolated cases, and possibly some Radio Disney-esque situation.
CatchFiveBats: Yup.
CatchFiveBats: It's a sociology issue, not a taste issue.

I may flesh this idea out a bit, but not right now.
- cfb

No comments: