Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Momusu at AX! (Part 3)

More continuation of the greatest weekend ever. Sorry for any lack of details or people I leave out...it's all kind of a blur, especially the first couple days.


Friday
I woke up fairly early and got to the convention center around 9:30 to meet up with Amy and Rocky (the nugget twins :3)...although I actually ended up meeting up with CK for a little while before they showed up. We sat and chatted in the food court in the West Hall lobby until around 10 or so, at which point he ran off to the exhibition hall to meet someone. Shortly after that, Amy and Rocky arrived, and after they got through badge pickup we ran into Joh and maiZe, shortly followed by Ops (who I hated at the time, since he got to go to the GoH breakfast...bastard) and Paul. After that, I went to the tabletop gaming room to meet up with some fellow wotachatters and talked for a while, then went with Joh to drop our bags off at bag check-in and headed to the concert.

I actually ended up with really good seats for the concert (I would hope so, considering how long my roommates and I waited in line on Wednesday to get our tickets :P)...5 rows back on the right side of the stage, with a perfect view of the girls. :D Anyway, I'll go ahead and write a quick snippet about each song/MC.
Mikan - This has become my favorite Momusu song, no doubt. So great live, and a perfect opener for the show. I get pumped whenever I hear it now.
3,2,1 BREAKIN' OUT - I loved this song from the first time I heard it, and I've been listening to it a LOT since Shouganai was released. Finally getting to hear it live was so unbelievably exciting, I could barely contain myself. XD (then again, the whole concert was like that :P)
MC - I loved all the adorable engrish (and the adorable Japanese, actually :P). I want to beam about all of their MCs individually, but it would just be me repeating what they said and being like "awwwwwwwwwww : 3". So I'll just say that every girl was super cute, JunJun & LinLin's English was VERY impressive ("no borders to music"? hot damn JunJun, that's some deep stuff), and Ai-chan sounds WAY hot speaking English, even if it's totally broken. XD
Shouganai Yume Oibito - For some reason this song registered in my head as Naichau Kamo when they performed it. O.o Sometimes I get a little too caught up in the music, I guess? I don't know, I'm a terrible fan or something :P
HOW DO YOU LIKE JAPAN? - I flipped when this song started...I would NEVER have expected them to perform it and I love this song, so I was ecstatic. The song was practically written for concerts, with all the "jump! jump! come on!" stuff, and it's so high-energy.
Resonant Blue - I've always been kind of neutral on this song. Even so, it was awesome when the bridge came along and everyone cheered for the dance...cause that dance kicks ass. :D
MC - All their little "yayyyyyyy"s were so cute. XD
Medley - Definitely my favorite part of the concert. Kind of wishing people had kept quiet during I WISH (it's a quiet song people, follow suit! :P), but I couldn't help getting a little teary-eyed when the pace picked up (even listening to the recording now... T-T). Words cannot even begin to describe how overjoyed I was when they performed Happy Summer Wedding, my eyes teared up even more when this song started. T____T Koi no Dance Site is another of my favorites, and it was so much fun doing the dance moves, even if I don't know them perfectly. XD Souda! We're Alive made me want to cry like a little girl, especially when the chorus came along...seriously one of the most uplifting, and unexpected, choruses in all of H!P. T-T I have a friend who's WAY too into The*Peace, so I'm honestly a little tired of it...but still, it was a lot of fun to do the peace signs and so forth with everyone. XD And it made me so happy when they did the monologue live, even if it wasn't Rika. :D Renai Revolution 21 is another song that isn't a particular favorite of mine, so I wasn't all excited compared to the rest of the concert when they performed it...although it was still fun to try and do the dance moves (and fail :P).
MC - I want to take this time to say that Gaki is ADORABLE during MCs. Always. Also, I had no idea what Eri was saying here for the most part...and I don't think anyone else did either, haha. XD
Love Machine - This song is so awesome live, mainly because of the "fu fu fu" and "woo woo" and whatnot, since everybody knows those and most of the major dance moves. Audience participation ftw :D
Sono Bamen de Bibiccha Ikenai Jan! - I've always really liked this song (more than Resonant Blue, by a long shot :P), so of course I was pumped when they performed it. :P
Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisenai Darou? - Really wish people would have kept quiet during this one, but aside from that it was beautiful. I was so close to bawwwwing when LinLin sang her solo line. T-T
Myspace OPV Contest Winners Announcement - Seriously wish they had just announced this some other time and given us more concert. D: Even so, Sayu's little slip-up during the intro MC was adorable...and seeing Yossui right there in front of me was SO epic, more near-bawwwing when she walked out on stage. I stopped watching the OPVs about halfway through and just looked at Momusu on stage...their reactions were so cute. XD
3,2,1 BREAKIN' OUT Encore - Still love this song, although it was a little hard to muster up the energy to shake my glowsticks and whatnot after resting throughout the announcement of the OPV Contest winner. :P

And thus the concert ended. At this point, a good chunk of the audience started to chant for an encore, but it didn't happen. I even heard the girls wanted to do an encore, but UFA/AX/somebody wouldn't let them. :(

After that, we had made plans for a bunch of wotachatters to go to Taco Bell (yes, Taco Bell...we're cool like that :P), but the place I had Google Map'd as being a Taco Bell consisted of a gas station with a Subway in it and a strip mall with most of the shops for lease. O.o So we went to the food court in the Sheraton instead. XD After that, it was time for Hello!Party...I showed up about 45 minutes early to help out, and I ended up running the sound booth for all of the earlier stuff (guest performances, games). There was a great turnout, and it looked like everyone was having a really good time (thanks Bryan and Jen! :D). After the wotagei and karaoke came along, I spent most of the night just kind of wandering around hanging out with random people. For the last hour or so, I chilled with Joh and maiZe at the welcome/nametag booth. Hello!Party really made it clear to me that this community has needed a way to get together so, so badly...let's hope this isn't the only time. :)

Sometime around 12:30AM, I wandered back up to my hotel room and passed out for the night. :P

Saturday is also on its way. 8D

No comments: