Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Momusu at AX! (Part 2)

Continuation of the greatest weekend ever. Sorry for any lack of details or people I leave out, it's all kind of a blur, especially the first couple days.


Thursday
Met up with some people early on (I believe Johpan, maiZe, Paul Thomas and OpsMonkey). Paul left to get in the line for the exhibition hall (which paid off for him, he got a guaranteed autograph ticket for both Momusu and Hangry :D) and Ops went...somewhere, I think...I don't remember, haha. Either way, I ended up waiting with Joh and maiZe to go to the opening ceremonies...and we were lucky enough to see Momusu walk into the building! maiZe will write up her part of the story at some point I'm sure (it's pretty funny :P), but it was basically just a moment of pure bewilderment for me as Morning Musume walked right by, only 15 or 20 feet away from me. I started to think "I should grab my phone and take a picture!" but my mind just halted and I hesitated, so no pics from me...but wow, that was awesome. XD

After that, it was the opening ceremonies...I ended up sitting by myself because all those IW losers I was hanging around with had press passes and sat in the press section...but seeing Morning Musume up on stage at the ceremonies was still something I just couldn't put into adequate words...they were so cute. T-T (and Ai-chan had a fangirl moment when the Sephiroth voice actor did his impression, which was just adorable beyond words <333) From there we went to wait for the Momusu Q&A panel, which meant sitting through the panel for Sephiroth's voice actor (sorry to anybody who actually wanted to see the guy XD), then a mad dash for close seats in hopes of getting an autograph voucher. OpsMonkey and I made complete asses of ourselves and switched places about 6 or 7 times in the panel room before the Momusu Q&A started, jumping over people and so forth...we decided on our final position when we counted chairs and rows to figure out that we were in the row ending with something like ticket #396 out of 500 tickets being given out, which satisfied us. XD The panel was great...the girls were adorable and a lot of the answers were really cute and funny. It was a great way to kick off the Momusu-related events.

Then the real fun began. At the end of Momusu's panel, the translator lady announced that the autograph session would be behind artist's alley in the exhibition hall, so everyone made a mad dash for there...only to find NO signs of an autograph session. I was with Paul and OpsMonkey at this point, and after asking a couple booths if they knew where the autograph session was only to hear "go ask them over there", we started to walk toward the exit of the exhibition hall in hopes of finding the autograph session somewhere else nearby. At that point, we saw a group of Japanese wota running out of the exhibition hall, so we started following them (which we quickly learned was the right thing to do...follow the Japanese guys, they know what's up XD)...and when they took off up an escalator, we decided to have Paul follow them while OpsMonkey and I went to check out the exhibition hall one more time. Paul actually called us while we were in the exhibition hall, but we missed it, which sucked...since it turned out Paul took the right choice, as the line for autographs was indeed upstairs (and around the corner :P). Ops and I got in the line, which ended up being a huge fiasco consisting of one line for about 30 minutes, followed by another line for 30 more minutes or so...at which point they shut the door, and in another 5 or 10 minutes they announced that the session was over and the girls were leaving. Some people started to make a scene, but I put on my nice face and left cooperatively...no reason to argue with the staff in a situation like that, all you'll do is piss them off.

After that, I hung out with Joh, maiZe and K in the convention center for a while (went to the H!P booth in the exhibition hall and bought some stuff...more on that after I get home :P), then went to dinner with K at IHOP. While we were waiting for our food, we pulled out all the stuff we bought (official photos and tour pamphlets and such XD) and spread it all out on the table to look at it...and when the waiter brought our food out, we had to rush to get it all out of the way. :P After that, K and I went to my room and chilled for a while, and when he left I went to OpsMonkey's hotel to leech off his internet and get on wotachat (my hotel was charging $13/day for internet, no way I was paying that much). Upon finishing that, I went back to my hotel and got to bed.


Friday is on its way :D

No comments: