Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nanchatte Sales Ranking Observations

I've been keeping a pretty close eye on amazon.co.jp's and cdjapan's hourly rankings for jpop CDs since about 3AM on the 12th Japan time...figured I might as well make a quick post of my observations.

cdjapan (10-item chart):
Both non-limited versions have at least been ranking since I started checking.
Nanchatte 40th has been at #1 pretty much all day (I believe Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra outranked them for a little bit at the beginning, but after that it's been #1 all along).
RE has fluctuated wildly between 2nd and 9th or so, I believe.

Amazon (25-item chart):
As with cdjapan, both non-limited versions have at least ranked the entire time.
40th has been at 5th all day.
RE has been shifting between 9th and 15th.

The big thing to remember (especially with amazon's numbers) is that these charts include preorders...taking that into account, 40th has actually been at #1 for non-preorder releases on amazon all day. And while I haven't researched this extensively (see: at all :P), I'm pretty sure that the 40th and RE versions of Nanchatte are at #1 and #2 respectively on both site's charts for today's releases (actually, there may not even be any notable competition for the top spot at all today...I'd have no idea since I don't keep track of anything but H!P releases, haha [EDIT: so I'm apparently insane and thought Ayu's new single came out on the 14th, nvm about the 'no notable competition' thing XD]).

Obviously we'll know how well the single really did on its first day in about 12 hours or so (I would think that Oricon releases its sales charts for a given day at midnight on the next day, or shortly thereafter), but I put this post together for those who may be curious as to how the single is selling on two big-name sites in the business of selling Japanese music online.

Another thing to note: Nanchatte Renai is already at #1 on the pop ranking for JapanFiles, way to go people! :D

And for anybody who wants to see the charts for themselves:
cdjapan
amazon.co.jp

Ganbare Momusu~
- cfb

1 comment:

Test said...

Ranking is up when I got up around 9am EDT, see it here: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/